Position : Community Facilitator
Duty Station : Demak
Status : Full Time
Duration : 1 Year
Blue Forests began work in 2000 in Indonesia, initially as Yayasan Akar Rumput Laut, then as Mangrove Action Project – Indonesia before founding Yayasan Hutan Biru (Blue Forests) in 2011. We have worked in 13 Provinces in Indonesia, as well as several countries in SE and South Asia. Our programs are often integrated including Environmental Education, Ecological Mangrove Rehabilitation, Coastal Field Schools and Coastal Business Schools (livelihoods programs), as well as Good Governance and the Development of Adaptive Collaborative Management Systems. All of our programs are geared towards empowering rural coastal community members to rehabilitate, sustainably utilize and conserve their precious mangrove and coastal resources.
Building with Nature Indonesia is a large scale flagship project aims at securing the severely eroding Northern Java’s delta coastlines. The Building with Nature measures in Demak will be embedded in community development plans, in a district level master plan and in provincial development plans and supported by intensive capacity building and knowledge transfer.
The major responsibility of Community Facilitator is organizing and mentoring BwN assisted groups based on participatory and gender-sensitive problem-solving learning approaches according to work plans.
Minimum Bachelor’s (S1) degree in marine and fishery science, aquaculture, forestry, or relevant degrees.
1. Fluent written and spoken English and Indonesian.
2. Computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
3. Good communication skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social background;
5. Ability to prioritize own workload, to work independently and to work to deadlines;
6. Having good knowledge and understanding of socio-economic and ecological system thinking in sustainable natural resource management
7. Have a basic knowledge about sustainable mangrove conservation and management
8. Have a basic knowledge about sustainable aquaculture
9. Understand the basic principles and technical aspects of community facilitation based on learning approaches to participatory problem solving
10. Have a license to drive two-wheeled vehicles
How to apply:
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Januari 23, 2019.