Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Status: Project Staff
Duration: 1 year
Organization: Yayasan Hutan Biru (YHB) / Blue Forests
Report to: Program Manager
Supervision of: Program Manager (coordination with Blue Forests Finance Manager and Finance & Grants Officer Lorentz Lowland Landscape)
Duty Station: Mimika Office
USAID’s LESTARI project supports the Government of Indonesia to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and conserve biodiversity in carbon rich and biologically significant forest and mangrove ecosystems. Built on the strong foundation of USAID’s IFACS project, LESTARI applies a landscape approach to reduce GHG emissions, integrating forest and peat land conservation with low emissions development (LEDS) on other, already degraded land. This is achieved through improved land use governance, enhanced protected areas management and protection of key species, sustainable private sector and industry practices, and expanded constituencies for conservation among various stakeholders. LESTARI is implemented under the leadership of Tetra Tech and a consortium of partners including WWF-Indonesia, Winrock International, Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), Blue Forests, Yayasan Sahabat Cipta, PT Hydro South Pole Carbon, Sustainable Travel International (STI), Michigan State University, and the FIELD Foundation. LESTARI runs from August 2015 through July 2020.
LESTARI activities are targeted in seven strategic landscapes on three of Indonesia’s largest islands, where primary forest cover remains most intact and carbon stocks are greatest. In northern Sumatra, the LESTARI landscapes – Aceh Selatan and Aceh Tenggara – comprise the focal districts of Aceh Selatan, Gayo Lues and Aceh Tenggara, and surround Leuser National Park. In Central Kalimantan, LESTARI works in the Katingan Landscape, comprising Katingan and Pulang Pisau districts, Palangka Raya municipality, and Sebangau and Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Parks. LESTARI also works in four landscapes in Papua including Sarmi and Cyclops along the northern coast, and Mimika and Asmat including a large portion of Lorentz National Park on the southern coast. LESTARI is managed from its headquarters in Jakarta, with offices in each landscape as well as the provincial capitals of Aceh, Central Kalimantan and Papua.
Overall Results of LESTARI are:
1. At least 41% of total CO2-equivalent emissions reduced from land use, land use change and deforestation averaged across all landscapes within the project scope;
2. At least 8.42 Million hectares of primary or secondary forest, including orang utan habitat, under improved management;
3. Management of at least six conservation areas improved, resulting in the conservation of valuable orangutan and other key species habitat, and the reduction in poaching of threatened and endemic species;
4. At least ten public-private partnerships(PPPs) promoting low-emissions conservation oriented development established;
5. Funding leveraged from public and private sources, representing co-investment in project outcomes;
6. Increased commitment of key private sector, government, and community stakeholders regarding the positive benefits of conservation and sustainable use of forests and the species they encompass; and
7. Policies, laws, regulations, and procedures in support of low emission development and forest conservation and management increased, promulgated, and enforced at all levels.
8. Models for successful integration of district, provincial, and national low emissions development and forest conservation strategies developed and share data levels of government and with other key stakeholders.
Based in Mimika, Papua, Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for the implementation of LESTARI activities in Papua and also support the administration and logistic procedure of LESTARI program.
1. Support the administration and logistics from the program implementation in Mimika and Asmat.
2. Arranging the lodging for travel and meeting purpose.
3. Manage the advance request and report staff.
4. Procurement of goods, services, and any supplies in landscape office.
5. Ensure all required supporting documents (physical evidence) are attached and legitimate before submitted to Landscape Finance and Grants Officer.
6. Capacity the Field Staff in terms of administration and finance management.
7. Assist Field Staff in arranging budget.
8. Other tasks required by Program Manager.
Education: Minimum (D3) degree in management, finance, administration studies, or related field.
1. Base in Mimika.
2. Minimum 1-year experience in related field.
3. Computer literate with significant experience in Excel.
4. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Understand the transparency and accountability principle of organization.
6. Good team player.
7. Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions.
8. Willingness to travel in rural and remote areas.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 November 2017.